How to Sustain Long Term Success: 6 Healthy Habits of Top Agents
by Michael Pallin
Monday, March 04, 2013
What is the key to building on the momentum you started during the program, and the key to sustaining those results? Habits.
There were graduates of the program in the room this week, as well as some brand new friends whom I had never met before. The graduates all agreed that IF THEY HAD BEEN DOING what they were taught to do since graduating from the program, their results would have been much, much, much better. What’s the point?
Like NIKE says, "Just DO it."
- Every morning, train the brain. Recite The Pledge, or The Core Values, or your affirmations. Just do it, and as it becomes a habit you will engage both the conscious and sub-conscious minds.
- Every morning, take out your TO DO list and think about what’s really important. Choose your Top 5, write them out, and work on them, and only them, until they are done. Make it a habit.
- Every morning, take out your 1-31 Prospect Follow Up system and call the people you are actively working with, and the people you need to follow up with. Make it a daily habit.
- At least twice a week, schedule your 5-90-10 sessions with your prospecting partner(s) and just show up and dial. Make it a habit.
- Every week, keep track of your numbers and progress toward your goal. For example - if today is Day 51 of 365, 14% of the way through the year. Are you 14% of the way toward your goal? Make it a habit to know.
- And every week, plan your SMART Week. Block out your activity and color code. As The Beatles sang, "We all live in yellow pink and green." All the dialogue and HOT BUTTONS and Book of Business and tools and systems from the program will become a regular part of your routine over time. If you also make listening to the CDs a part of your daily routine, you will find the program getting into your business more and more. Let it work. Repetition is the mother of skill.
But the important thing is to DO THE BASICS daily. As you do them, they become a habit, and habits become your destiny.
If any of the terminology in this article caused some head-scratching, as in, "Hey, what's a HOT BUTTON? What's A SMART Week? What's 5-90-10?" please let me explain.
These terms refer to tools and systems Floyd created for his current spaced learning program. We meet with our students once a week for 7 weeks, and give them a few new tools or systems to implement each week. As Floyd says, "You can teach a person too much all at once, and they miss the whole point." So we space it out over time to make it easier to apply and learn.
The cornerstone of the results our students consistently obtain in The Floyd Wickman Program is doing. Classroom time once a week creates awareness. Applying what we teach during the rest of the week creates results. And 42 days of application creates habits.
If you would like to find out more about what The Floyd Wickman Program can do for you, or your company, please visit www.floydwickman.com, or better yet, give me a call. Mike Pallin, President and Talent Scout, 734-213-7512.
Mike Pallin has been at Floyd Wickman's side for over 25 years - as his first Program Trainer, where he has personally graduated over 5000 students; as Creative Director where he and Floyd co-created training programs, as well as audio and video training aids, that have helped over 250,000 salespeople and managers succeed; and as President of The Floyd Wickman Team where he oversees the development of new trainers, as well as the annual events for graduates and members of the Master Sales Society. His most recent brainchild is a revolutionary team coaching system that maintains momentum and accountability after the program, and has a four year track record of 100% goal achievement. "My professional purpose in life is to preserve, protect and promote the legacy of Floyd Wickman's teachings and philosophies. This is what keeps me fascinated, energized and motivated every day."|
All Rights Reserved